Patrick Terrell, president, CEO and founder of Terrell Materials Corporation has amassed an incredible assortment of accomplishments in a relatively short period. Terrell Materials is a Chicago based General Contractor with three specialty divisions that include high volume Concrete Manufacturing, Civil Construction and Project Management.
After graduation from University of Notre Dame, Mr. Terrell went on to enjoy a 9 year career in the National Football League. Upon retirement from the NFL Mr. Terrell made a smooth transition into a second impressive career as an international airline pilot. As a captain rated Boeing 757 pilot, Mr. Terrell has flown to more than 30 countries and transported hundreds of U.S, and allied military troops in and out of the Middle East during the Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign
In 2005, Mr. Terrell completed the Harvard Business School’s Entrepreneurial/Management Program and founded Terrell Materials Corporation. Terrell Materials is DBE Certified in Illinois, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Indiana and California. Terrell employs 15 full time and averages approximately 48 seasonal Trades men and women.
In the last 11 years Terrell Materials has completed or is currently involved in several major projects most recently including the following:
- In 2013 Terrell was a Prime Contract Partner on the construction of the10C – 28 Center Runway at O’Hare International Airport where the team earned the Department of Aviation’s Contractor of the year Award.
- In 2015 Terrell completed construction of Taxiway K & L and Lima Lima also at O’Hare
- To date, Terrell has produced over 1 Million Cubic yards of concrete at O’Hare alone since 2009
- In 2014 Completed Construction on two taxiways, ramps and replacement of runway 8L-26R in 40 days at Atlanta’s Hartfield Airports
- A major Sub Contractor and played a key role in the success of the CTA Red Line project completed in 2013.
- Currently a manufacturer of High Performance Concrete on a major section of the I-90 Illinois Tollway project.
- Currently Manufacturing all concrete for ‘Hare’s newest $1.3 Billion Runway 9Center
Terrell is a member of:
- National Black Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce
- Chicago Urban League